Tuesday 17 February 2009


1995
I had an operation on my right shoulder in 1994 and needed to recover but there was no What Katy Did Next in '94 anyway. At one point I bumped into a drummer called Mark Heathcote who had played in one of Mark Fells' first bands and asked him if he would be interested in playing should I get things back together, he replied in the affirmative. Early in '95 we started again with Myself - Guitar, Vocals, Trevor Simpson - Bass and Mark Heathcote - Drums. Mr. Rudeforth had decided he didn't want to perform live anymore but still did everything else as a non-performing member of the group and came every week to rehearsals to film some of them or simply just be there. We agreed that we would take 6 months rehearsing to get sorted before we did anything. Mark wasn't the best drummer we ever had so we needed to work hard. After 6 months we did a few gigs and things started to begin to happen again. One day Mark turned round and said "I don't want to do it anymore", I could have killed him with my bare hands but we just simply gave up again for good...?

4 comments:

  1. i seem to remember electrocuting myself one of those nights (whilst you all blathered) inadvertantly sticking my fingers in the sockets of some spotlights... i remember shaking and looking back at yawl and thinking fuck this is it, obviously it wasnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when you walked straight into a wall at my place of yer trolley one night? Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh yes, your floor was a confusing place that night, i believe you all left me there and went to buy beer

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, sir, it's not true sir. I stuffed you full of blancmange black pudding and fed you to the lesbians.

    ReplyDelete